Golf Carts look quite easy to drive, but they sure handle differently than other vehicles. Here are some Golf Cart safety tips to read up on before you hit the gas.
- Check your state-specific laws for age and license requirements.
- If it’s someone else’s Golf Cart, have them show you how everything works. They’ll know how it runs and how you should safely handle it. If it’s yours and you’re riding for the first time, read the owner’s manual, take things slow and practice.
- Keep all body parts in the vehicle and wear seat belts if available.
- Carry no more than the designated amount of passengers (or the total number of seats).
- Never drive any vehicle under the influence.
- Golf Carts can tip quite easily, so take turns, inclines and declines slowly.
- Avoid distractions, such as using your phone while driving.
- Don’t allow anyone to stand in/on the vehicle while in motion.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Use hand signals if the cart isn’t equipped with turn signals.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Check your blind spots.
- Look behind you before backing up.
- Don’t leave keys in the Golf Cart.
- Avoid driving if you see lightning.
Review your manufacturer’s guide for other warnings and safety guidelines!
To protect your Golf Cart, insure it with Keystone Insurance Agency! Don’t let your fun get cut short because you didn’t get the right coverage for your ride. Luckily, we can help you choose the right policy for your Golf Cart.